Thursday, August 2, 2012

CropStop Challenge #83: Go Fly a Kite!

Happy Thursday y'all! Can you believe it's already August?? Man, the summer went by really fast!! I don't even feel like we had a chance to do much this summer. Lately, we've been trying to squeeze in as many play dates as we can for our little guy. It's really bittersweet! He has some really amazing friends and we've gotten so much closer to them over the last few weeks, which makes leaving even harder. The packers come in less than a week and we'll soon be in Texas. School starts there on August 27th so at least we have a little time to get settled in.

Did you see that CropStop is having a Creative Team Call?? If you want to be part of an amazing team with some wonderful ladies then please, please apply! I would love to see some of you working along side of me. It'll be fun!! :)

This week at CropStop our challenge is:

GO FLY A KITE!
(use a kite on your project)

I found this gorgeous Saturated Canary image called "Windy Day" and knew she was perfect for this challenge. I love her beautiful, flowing hair! She took me forever to color with all the layers and detail, but I just love how she turned out! I printed her on X-Press It Blending Card and colored her with Copics and Stardust Stickles. I made the sky/grass background using Chalk. I also added some Sweet Pea Flower Soft to the grass area.

Copics:
Skin: E000, E00, E01, E11, Chalk
Eyes: E39, E35
Lips: R22
Flower: RV02, RV04, RV06, RV09, G02, G09, Stickles
DRESS:
Dots: RV21, RV04, YR68, G02, B01, Stickles
Pink: RV06, RV04, RV02, Stickles
Green: G00, G02, G05, G07
Orange: YR02, YR68, Stickles
Blue: B00, B01, B02, B04
Scarf: G00, G02, G05, G07
Shoes: RV02, RV04, RV06
KITE:
RV02, RV04, RV06, RV09, E35, G05, G02, G00
Dots: RV21, RV04, YR68, G02, B01, Stickles

The textured pink cardstock is from Core'dinations, and the gorgeous dps came from a new paper pad I just recently purchased called DCWV "The Carnival Stack". I used a Martha Stewart Border Punch on the pink cardstock behind the center panel.

The corner die is from Whimsy Stamps and the embossed butterflies are from a Stampin' Up Emboss & Cut Die. My sentiment is from La-La Land Crafts. The flowers are WOC and Recollections and the ribbon is from Hobby Lobby.

CHALLENGES ENTERED:
Designed to Color--Scene It!
Saturated Canary--The Great Outdoors!

Now don't forget you can play along with us by linking up your creations to the CropStop Challenge Blog! Every Thursday we introduce a new challenge and weekly drawings are done for a gift certificate to the CropStop Store. You can save 10% on every order you place by using my discount code located on my side-bar.

Have a great week my friends and I'll see you back here soon!
Love ya,
Rosie :)

13 comments:

eva said...

this is gorgeous!! i thought her dress was paper pieced but they're dots!! really beautiful!

Leanne said...

o rosie, this is gorgeous! i love the colors you chose and wow love all the details! love it!
;)

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) said...

Stunning, Rosemary. Wow. I am in awe of your mad coloring skills! And I adore the colors you used! Thanks so much for sharing it with us during our Theme Week at Designed to Color

Color Crew Lisa
Designed to Color Magazine

Loopylou. said...

hiyah rosemary!
this is just stunning hun, thankyou so much for sharing it with us over on the saturated canary challenge blog
hugs Lou xxx

June Nelson said...

Hiya hunnie this is fantastic love your colour combo and your coluoring is delish!!!!! thanks for joininu s this week at SC big huggies June xxx

Unknown said...

Wow Rosie this is fabulous , great colouring and a super card Hugs Elaine

Tracy S said...

Beautifully done~! I love how you colored her clothes and kite.

Ani said...

Your card is really stunning! Hugs, Ani
I have a candy over at http://cardmaniachallenges.blogspot.com/ if you're interested...

Vicky said...

Fantastic card love the image & your colouring is fabulous.

Thank you for joining us girlies over at Saturated Canary Challenges, hope you can also join us next time. Good luck.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Debs said...

so pretty..love the added dotty details :0)..thanks for sharing with us at Saturated Canary Challenges..hugs Debs x

cebelica said...

I love, love, love this card. I believe I am saying this for most of your cards. Can you tell I love your work? lol But really, this one is SOOOOOOO beautiful! I love all the details, the design, the coloring (seriously girl, your coloring is professional!!!) ... Hene, I love EVERYTHING! Hugs! xx

Bev said...

Fabulous card, thanks for joining us at Saturated Canary this time x

Grenouille Greetings said...

Beautiful colourwork and fabulous layout on this oh so pretty card! Hugs, Lesley