Thursday, August 23, 2012

CropStop Challenge 86: Back to School

Happy Thursday y'all! Well I'm in the new house in Texas, but man are there a lot of boxes to unpack!!! It's leaving me stressed, depressed and frazzled! I want everything to be in it's place already and it's frustrating searching through boxes to try and find what I'm looking for since I didn't pack it. Usually the packers are a little more detailed on their descriptions, but this time around they were in such a hurry they just wrote really vague things. On top of it, they didn't always put "like" items together. The pot might be in one box, but the lid in another....things like that.

Well enough complaining! Like a friend said...."One box at a time!" It's really the truth and that's how I need to approach it....even if all I get to unpack is 1 box...at least it's one less box to worry about. I have the bedding and towels washed so that is definitely a plus!

Today at CropStop, our challenge for you is:

BACK TO SCHOOL!!

My Oklahoma peeps started school this week, but here in Texas, school doesn't start until Monday, Aug. 27th. At first I was really happy about the late start so Isaiah could get a little adjusted in the new house. But now he's bored....really, really bored!! So school will be a big relief...for BOTH of us!!

For my project today, I used this awesome FREEBIE from Whimsie Doodles called Pencil Pixie. She was perfect for my Pencil Box Project. I printed her on X-Press It Blending Card and colored her with Copics and chalk.

Copics & Chalk:
Skin: E000, E00, E01, E11
Hair: E49, E47, E44
Headband/Dress: R22, R24, R27, R29, Stardust Stickles
Wings: R11, Stardust Stickles
Shoes: N8, N6, N4, Stardust Stickles
Pencil: YR21, Y21, YR23, B99, R05, E53

Here's my project for this week.....a Pencil Box Holder!! I found this awesome template by Ilina Creations called First Day Ensemble. I knew when I saw it that I just had to have it!! I know I'll use this so many times throughout Isaiah's school years!! For this project, I did add an "eraser" and I used the insert to hold pencils. But I think it would be cute as a candy holder too (without the insert)!!

CropStop Supplies Used:
Core-dinations Cardstock
Scor-pal & Scor-tape
X-press It Blending Card
Copics
Stardust Stickles

I used Core-dinations Cardstock and I love it!! It has a textured surface and if you emboss with it, you can sand the embossing to reveal a different color in the core!! Here's a side view with the top opened.

And, a top view so you can see the insert which holds the pencils in the middle better. Of course this one is not filled up, so the pencils are falling to the side.

My little boy has since taken it over and added all sorts of stuff to the outside and inside!! He LOVED it as soon as he saw it all put together, and asked if he could have it. When I said yes (I know, I'm crazy), his eyes got all big and he said I was the best Momma ever!! Then he said I needed to take that girl image off, LOL!

He's hugging it, haha!

Now don't forget you have a week to play along with us!! Head on over to the CropStop blog to link up your "Back to School" card/project! And, remember you can get all your crafty needs/wants fulfilled in the CropStop Store!! There have been lots of new goodies going up so head over there and check them out!!

Have a great week and see you back here soon for more "Back to School" projects!

Hugs,
Rosie :)

5 comments:

Kim Dellow said...

Totally super cool project! Love it Rosie, can see it is well loved in real life too! You might need to make another with a Luka on!
Have a good weekend (minus the unpacking!).
Kimx

Leanne said...

O very awesome project Rosie. It looks like it's going to get well used.
Hoping you get through the boxes with your sanity in tact. Hugs to you girlfriend!
;)

Leah's Crafty Life said...

That pencil box is incredible!! What a fabulous project!!
Thanks so much for joining us at Paper Issues!!

Kelly said...

That pencil is amazing!! Thanks for linking up over at www.paperissues.com

Kate Vickers said...

That is soooooo cute! Thanks for sharing at Paper Issues!