Monday, August 6, 2012

Inspiration Monday~~More Than 1 Fold!

Happy Monday y'all! Well, the day is almost here. Tomorrow and Wednesday, the packers will be here. It's rather bittersweet. I'm excited about our move and our future, but it's hard leaving family and friends. :( I do have 2 best friends who live in Texas, within 15 minutes of where we are moving so that's a little comforting to me. I'll at least know 2 people, haha!

I'm working from a different computer as my laptop crashed on Friday! Hubby is still trying to see if he can fix it. I hope so because did I back anything up??? Ummmm....NO!! I kept telling myself that I needed to do it especially before the move and then BOOM, outta nowhere, the thing shuts off on me and won't come back on!! :(

The theme this week at La-La Land Crafts is:

MORE THAN 1 FOLD!!

I used this super adorable Luka with Flowers! He comes with 2 sentiments, and he's very versatile for many different occasions. I gave him some rosy cheeks. :) He's colored with both Copics and Chalk.
Copics & Chalk:
Skin: E000, E00, E11, chalk
Hair: E49, E37, E33, E13
Shirt: B91, B93, B95
Flowers: R81, R83, R85, Y15, R24, R27, R29, G24, YG17, YG97
Vase: N2, Stickles
Pants: E55, E11, E53
Shoes: B91, B93, B95, N0, N2

I also used several La-La Land Crafts DIES for the front of this Z-Fold Card.
DIES:
Filigree Corner Die

Here's the full view of the Z-Fold Card. I cut two bases, which started as 6" x 12". On the top, long side, I marked it at 4 inches from the left. Then on the short side I marked it 4 inches from the bottom. I line up my lines on the paper trimmer and cut it on the diagonal. The I scored at 4" and 8". You can find a Z-Fold Card tutorial HERE. It's for an 8 1/2" x 11" sheet of paper, but just follow my measurements above for 6" x 12".
The dps are a combo of DCWV Linen Closet & MME Portobello Road and I edged them with Walnut Stain Distress Ink. The sentiment is from Close To My Heart. The lace is from The Paper Studio.

I cut 3 Tulip Borders and glued the bottom edge to the back side of the card (I cut off end pieces so they lined up perfectly). Then I attached a 2nd Z-fold card to the back so the die-cuts are sandwiched between the 2 cardstock pieces. I hope that makes sense!

Don't forget you can play along with us by uploading your creations to the Customer Gallery. Head on over to the LLLC Store to snag these amazing Dies and Stamps....believe me, you won't be disappointed!

Have a great week and see you soon!

Hugs,
Rosie :)

5 comments:

Martha Herrera said...

This is very pretty. Your coloring is amazing.

Leanne said...

Wow Rosie!! I love this one! The design and all the wonderful dies. Plus your coloring always rocks!
Fantastic card!
:)

Kwilt said...

Oh Rosie, I especially love Luka's hair! He's so darn cute! LOL
Your instructions were wonderful and easy to understand. Someday I'll get enough courage to participate in a challenge and upload to the gallery. Until then, I have to practice a bit more! hahaha!
Enjoy your new adventure in your new home!
Hugs...Kathy Ü

cebelica said...

Ok, I know, I am going to sound like a broken record, but I have to say it ... This card is a-ma-zing. It really is! xx

Aaron Aguilar said...

This is very pretty. Your coloring is amazing.