Monday, September 10, 2012

Inspiration Monday--Wish Upon A Star!!


Happy Monday y'all! I guess my slang is now appropriate since I'm living in Texas. Although, I've always been a little bit country and a little bit rock-n-roll, haha! I'm slowly getting settled in and my little guy is getting adjusted to the swing of things.

He loves his new school, but hates having homework every day....every day people....he's in 1st grade! This also means I have homework every day! It's a struggle to get him used to coming home and sitting at the table to get the homework done before we play. I'm hoping after a few weeks it will become a normal part of our routine.

Since it's Monday, it's also time for another challenge at La-La Land Crafts! This week's theme is:

WISH UPON A STAR!!
(use stars on your project)

Sometimes I like to put something special in Isaiah's lunchbox...either a small card or note. Today I made this bookmark to surprise him. :) I used the super-adorable Back to School Luka! He soooooo reminds me of Isaiah!

Copics:
Skin: E000, E00, E01, E11, chalk
Hair, E49, E47, E44, E43
Shirt: R24, RV29, B21, B29, N4
Tie: B24
Sweater/Shoes: N8, N6, N4, N2
Pants: E55, E53, E51
Skateboard: RV29, B29, N8, N6, N4, N2
Backpack: E55, E47, E44, N2

I also used a couple of LLLC Dies: Heart Fence Die and Heart Tree Die. Now the Heart Fence Die is pretty obvious...it's behind Luka. But you may not have noticed the Heart Tree Die. I punched it out of red and blue cardstock. Then I glued them to light tan cardstock. Next, I traced stars and cut them out. That's what's so great about these dies! You can use them for so many different things including making decorative swirly paper.....pretty clever, huh?!

I hope you enjoyed my project! I want to thank each and every one of you for following me and leaving me comments. It really means so much to read what you all have to say! After I get unpacked and settled in more, I hope to visit your blogs and leave comments! :)

Don't forget you can play along with us by uploading your creations to our Customer Gallery....we love seeing your work! We also would love to see and hear from you on the LLLC FB page and FB Group page.

Have a great week and see you back here soon!
Hugs,
Rosie :)

3 comments:

cebelica said...

It's great that Isaiah likes the new school. I can imagine he's not too keen of homeworks, but then again, who is?! He'll get used to it.
It's really nice to surprise Isaiah with small things. I'm sure this adorable bookmark made his day! :) I always like how you do the pattern on clothes. I looks amazing.
Hugs! xx

Leanne said...

Aw, Isaiah is lucky to have a mom that leaves him really cool and fun projects in his lunchbox. Way cool bookmark and love the way you used the different dies and created your own use for one of them. Very cool.
Hopefully he will get used to homework cause it won't stop!
Take care!
;)

Mary J said...

I bet he loved it, Rosie! This is so super sweet and love the stars!