Sunday, November 11, 2012

Yumi & Fumi Challenge--Use Ribbon or Lace!

Grab our badge!
Happy Sunday y'all! Two weeks have already flown by since the last challenge and Thanksgiving is right around the corner. I can't wait!! I love the mood the holidays get me in, especially the cooking and baking mood. My little boy gets a whole week off from school too so I'm definitely looking forward to that! :) Do you have any special plans for Thanksgiving?

We would like to say a HUGE thank you to those of you who complete in the Yumi and Fumi challenges!!

As a special treat, Renate and Leanne will be offering up a prize with this challenge, along with the top 3!! Head over to the Yumi and Fumi Handmade Blog for details HERE!!

It's going to be an easy challenge so I hope you play along with us. :) Remember you don't have to use a Yumi and Fumi image to participate. You can use any images from Sister Stamps, La-La Land Crafts and The Greeting Farm also!! I'm sure you have at least one of those to work with. :)  You can see all of the Challenge Rules HERE to make sure you qualify.

Today we have a new, easy challenge to announce:
  
Use Ribbon or Lace! 

This Challenge will run for 3 weeks to give you time (with the holidays) to play along with us!! You have until Saturday, December 1st, 11am PST to link up your new project on the Yumi and Fumi Handmade Blog (one entry per blog.) Don't forget.....there's a prize involved! :)

For my card today, I used the super adorable Fumi with Messenger Bag!  She's colored with Copics on X-Press It Blending Card.
 
Copics:
Skin: E000, E00, E11
Hair: E44, E47, E49
Eyes: E44, E47
Shirt/Messenger Bag/Shoes: C3, C5, C7
Sweater: R22, R29, G07, G28, Inkssentials White
Skirt/Socks: R22, R24, R27, R29

Did ya spot my use of ribbon? I found an awesome "School" pack of ribbon from The Paper Studio (at Hobby Lobby). It has 5 different ribbons. I used three and glued them to some black cardstock. Then I cut the left end to form a banner. The small print dp is from Authentique Essentials Collection. The triangle banner and "Nice Work! caption box is from a dp in the DCWV "The Edumacation Stack" paper pack. The clear rhinestones are CTMH.

 
You can see in the side view that I raised some of my elements on Recollections pop-dots for added dimension. I use pop-dots on everything and to me the circle ones from Recollections (Michaels) are the best. They peel off easy and actually stick!
 
 
Now, come along and play with us! Remember you have 3 weeks to link up something to the Yumi and Fumi Handmade Blog, and you can use images from Sister Stamps, La-La Land Crafts, and The Greeting Farm. :)

Have a great Sunday and see you back here on Monday for some more inspiration!

Hugs,
Rosie :)

1 comment:

Leanne said...

Awww yea, I spotted that cute ribbon right away and I love how it ties in with your theme. This is a gorgeous card (of course!) and I love how detailed you got with the accents! This is wonderful and I love this challenge theme!!
x
;)