Wednesday, May 8, 2013

7 Kids College Fund Challenge~~Anything But A Card!!


Today starts a new Challenge over at the 7 Kids College Fund Challenge Blog! For the next 2 weeks the challenge is: 

Anything But A Card! 

Now be sure to use an image that 7 Kids College Fund carries in the store in order to qualify for the $20 Gift Certificate drawing!! :)
My little boy's school is celebrating Teacher Appreciation this week. He has an amazing teacher so I'm in the process of making several things for her. Her classroom is decorated with an ocean theme so I thought this little Nautical Canvas would be one of her little gifts.
I made the scene using the DoCrafts Nautical Build-A-Scene Die set. There are lots of amazing shapes to create an awesome sea/ocean scene! I love the whale!! I colored the background on the canvas by squirting Copic Colorless Blending Solution all over, and then adding drops of Tim Holtz Distress Ink Reinkers (Salty Ocean, Peacock Feather, Squeezed Lemonade, & Festive Berries) on top and sponging the color around with a cotton ball.

My dps are from Authentique Peaceful 6x6 paper pad. I distressed the edges of the dps and the quote with Walnut Stain Distress Ink. The quote is from Dylusions Quintessential Quotes (DS013). I raised the sails of the boat on pop-dots for added dimension. The blingy swirls are from Recollections.
 
I hope to see you playing along with us! We love seeing all your wonderful creations!! Don't forget to qualify for the prize you have to use an image from 7 Kids College Fund!

Hugs,
Rosie :)

4 comments:

Mojca said...

Waw this is just gorgeous. such lovely bacground and oh the image you made is so cute. hugs! Mojca

cebelica said...

How nice of you to make some gifts for the teacher. I am sure she will love the canvas you made. It's wonderful! Great sentiment and that bling in the bottom is a perfect touch. I think it looks great! I alo like how you layered the sails to add dimension to the canvas. Fab work! Hugs! xx

Leanne said...

Awesome project Rosie. I bet Isaiah's teacher will hang that up in a special place in her classroom. Great job!
:D

Hanna said...

Rosie, this is absolutely FANTASTIC! A true work of art! Love how you've used the pearl swirl for the waves, and the pink sunset sky is just so fabulous! Love it!

hugs,
Hanna